Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day

This day is always bittersweet. It is the fourth Mother's Day without my Mom. But it is the first in a long while that all my children were home to celebrate with me. It was lovely to have them share dinner and reminisce.

(Created in remembrance of my Mom)


My Mom was a loving, kind woman. She had a knack for caring for others. I still miss her so much.
This poem was quoted in church this morning and it made me think of my special Mom so much.


Love: A Variation on a Theme

If I live in a house of spotless beauty with everything in its place,
but have not love, I am a housekeeper not a homemaker.

If I have time for waxing, polishing, and decorative achievements,
but have not love, my children learn of cleanliness -- not Godliness.

Love leaves the dust in search of a child's laugh.

Love smiles at the tiny fingerprints on a newly cleaned window.

Love wipes away the tears before It wipes up spilled milk.

Love picks up the child before It picks up the toys.

Love is present through the trials.

Love reprimands, reproves, and is responsive.

Love crawls with the baby, walks with the toddler, runs with the
child, then stands aside to let the youth walk into adult hood.

Love is the key that opens salvation's message to a child's heart.

before I became a mother, I took glory in my house of perfection.
Now I glory in God's perfection of my child.

As a mother, there is much I must teach my child, but the
greatest of all is love.

Jo Ann Merrell


2 comments:

Kokopelli said...

Beautiful poem! Happy Mother's Day!

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Almost bawled at the crawl with the baby paragraph. I´m less tahn 2 months shy of having two teenagers at home. *sigh*