Tuesday, December 17, 2013

One Word/FullCold Moon Dreamboard



Kat asks us the following questions;

What word did you select to be your travelling companion in 2013? What gifts did this word bring?What word will you choose to guide you through 2014? What do you hope it will bring into your life?
I have ben choosing a word for the year for several years now. Rather than make a list of resolutions which usually don't get fulfilled, choosing a word gives a focus for the year.
I have  had  believe, Carpe diem and last year "JOY".
I have worked through Ali Edwards' "One Word" course and enjoyed it. I now use parts of it to help me focus on the word.
Joy was an excellent word for last year  as I really did need that extra help to see joy all around. I created more, using the word in quotes to focus on it.



After visiting other blogs and evaluating what words would be a good fit for 2014, the word EMBRACE just felt right.




There are so many things that can be embraced:
joy
love
good health
peace
faith
change
creativity
play
One person I discovered, chose a different thing to embrace each month. What a great idea. I hope to do something similar. 
I will make a canvas for my word and will share it at the end of the month.

Tonight (17th) is the full Cold Moon and I created a dreamboard, something I have been doing for several years. Because of issues with using magazine pictures, I won't be sharing it but I encourage you to try it. It helps you to look forward to the coming month and dream.  (Jamie Ridler holds a dreamboard group each month.)

3 comments:

Kat McNally said...

Embrace is a terrific word, Beverley! May it bring you much happiness and many lovely surprises. x

Diane Lachance, CZT said...

Bev,
I picked the word embrace and then wondered if anyone else had and I found you - and then I see you like Zentangle too!!
Kindred spirits...have fun embracing 2014.
Diane

Kristi said...

Hi Bev! I typed my word into OneWord365 and your blog popped up! I love finding others who have chosen the word embrace for 2014. I love the ideas you shared of embracing a different thing each month and of creating a canvas. I'm starting a course on how to art journal in a couple weeks so I'm inspired to use embrace in some of my creations.
Blessings to you as you embrace this year~