Tuesday, April 5, 2016

ABC Wednesday - M and WOYWW



At ABC Wednesday, the letter of the week is M.

M is for Mouth.

Here is my carved stamp and tag I created for the challenge.



Be sure to check here to see what others around the world did for M.





WOYWW


Each week we are encouraged to share what we are working on and what our work spaces look like, for WOYWW, hosted by Julia Dunnit at "Stamping Ground"

I thought I'd share some of the steps to creating the carved mouth stamp and tag shown above.
I carve my stamps at my dining room table, with a thick board covering the table.

1. First comes the  drawing of the design and then putting it on the speedy-carve ( rubber block for carving). I make sure my design has been pencilled in darkly. I lay it face down on the block and then rub it completely, fairly firmly, so the pencil design comes off on the block

2. I use a speedball carving set with different size tips to carve into the block. I usually carve the outline and then work on the inside.
(There are lots of resources online, videos and courses.I took Stamp Carving 101 at Balzer Designs and enjoyed it.)

3. Then I test the stamp for missed parts and how it looks stamped.

4. Finally I created the tag with the stamp.



I had to share the state of my art table in the basement in my craft room. I am always amazed at how neat and organized others keep their spaces.
I have been working on a background with inks - and when I went to check for something I was a wee bit shocked at how I had left it.
It is time for a thorough sprucing up - new cover for the table and putting things away! Spring cleaning desperately needed!




11 comments:

photowannabe said...

What a great stamp. Love the mmmmm coming out of the lips.

MelodyK said...

and now you can stamp lots of kisses everywhere



Have a nice abc-wednesday-day / - week
♫ M e l ☺ d y ♫ (abc-w-team)

Photo Cache said...

Very cool M post.

My ABC WEDNESDAY

Roger Owen Green said...

As Hall and Oates put it, A Kiss Is On MY List

ROG, ABCW

Sharon Madson said...

That is a great stamp! I have carved stamps for Letterboxing (AtlasQuest.com), but they are never that nice! Thanks for the peek at your process. #52

ToadilyDiane said...

Great job on your stamp. Thanks gut explaining how you do it!!!
Have a great day.
Diane - WOYWW #30

Plush Possum Studio said...

Wow! What a cool design! So bold and so expressive, too. Now you've got me yearning to begin carving some new stamps, only there's no room at the inn, so to speak. The desk is all full up with stuff!
www.rosesartgarden.blospot.com
~Rose

Julia Dunnit said...

I'm never shocked by how I leave things...I'm shocked by the fact that I'm not bothered if anyone sees it now! Loving the lions - now that is a useful stamp!

Sharon said...

Love the stamp. Thanks for sharing your process

Sharon K #42

Kim Collister Studio said...

I adore your stamp and process and I personally love messy desks, it means that something creative has been going on there!!
Happy Creative week to you!!
Kim #66

Leslie: said...

I'm wondering if you ever cut yourself...I know I would! lol

Leslie
abcw team