A brand new month and a desire to jump back into blogging. I’ve had a need this month to step back and keep a low profile. I haven’t even done much art – and I have been missing it.
June starts the 60 days of ICAD and once again I will be taking part. Check here to find out more about this fun challenge.
I will be returning as well to my ART on Friday, as I share my new challenges and projects done.
I thought I’d start the month off with an interesting Blog hop – 30 Questions, which is being hosted at The Doglady’sDen.
The bloghop will be open all summer – a chance to share a bit about yourself and learn more about other bloggers. A win-win.
Here are the questions and my answers – in italics.
1. What did you want to be when you were a kid? For as long as I can remember, I wanted to be a teacher. I would line up my dolls and stuffed animals and teach them. I would even try it with my younger siblings – altho that wasn’t too successful. And after 36 years in teaching, I am now retired.
2. Which “Friends” character do you relate to the most? Why? I never really watched the show as I couldn’t stand some of the characters. So – NONE!
3. Do you like your name? Why? For a longtime I hated my name, but I have learned to like it and respect my dad for choosing it – even if it is the male spelling! Not a lot of female Beverley’s out there.
4. Are you messy or neat? Hate to say it – but messy, cluttered. Sign of a creative mind???
5. How tall are you? 5’7”
6. How tall were you when you were 10? Several inches shorter – but still one of the tallest in the class.
7. What is your guilty pleasure? Homemade breads, pastries and cookies.
8. What are you saving money for right now? For my grown children’s weddings.
9. How many Pringles can you eat at once? Used to be able to eat 4 or 5 at a time but can’t remember the last time I had them. Love Miss Vickies chis tho – one at a time.
10. Tea or coffee? Tea, of course. Never drink coffee, altho I like Coffee Crisp and iced caps.
11. Are you an introvert or an extrovert? More of an introvert – need time alone, but I do enjoy getting together with friends for cards and an enjoyable evening together.
12. What will be your Halloween costume this year? Wearing a Dr. Seuss hat and a Hallowe’en sweatshirt.
13. Sweet or salty? Usually sweet, but sometimes I crave salty.
14. Favourite social media? Twitter by far – I’m addicted – especially over politics.
15. Who is the last person you kissed? My hubby – every day.
16. What is your favourite breakfast? Eggs benedict or waffles.
17. When is your birthday? January – I’m a Capricorn.
18. When did you start your blog? March 17, 2009. Wow – 8 years!
19. What is your opinion on the Kardashians? Not publishable.
20. How would you describe your style? Very informal, casual.
21. What colour is your hair? Brown, altho have a few grey hairs.(and I refuse to colour my hair - never have.)
22. What colour socks are you wearing? Not wearing any.
23. What is your dream job? A writer/artist.
24. Dogs or cats? Love them both for different reasons.
25. What makes you weird? ? Ask my kids!
26. Celebrity crush? J.K Rowling, Louise Penny, Obama, Meryl Streep
27. Opinion on cigarettes? Don’t start – ever.
28. Do you want/have children? How many? I had 3 of my own, and now have 5 stepchildren.
29. Three favourite boy names? Ben, Flynn, Jace – used these as main characters for novels I’ve written
30. Three favourite girl names Racheal, Emma, Bree – used these for main characters for novels I’ve written