Thursday, October 5, 2017

ABC Wednesday - M



This week at ABC Wednesday, M is the letter of the week.

M is for Montreal 

I spent the first eight years of my life in Montreal, Quebec and a brother and sister were born there. My husband was born there as well.

It is a wonderful city with lots to see and do. It is very French and quite cosmopolitan.

                                     
                                                          Source - TripAdvisor

 It is the second most populous city in Canada. It was founded in 1642 as Ville-Marie, on an island in the St. Lawrence River.

EXPO67 was held there - and I got back there to visit it. It is home to the Montreal Canadiens hocly team and the former Expos. One place to visit is St. Joseph's Oratory.
Check here for highlights.


Be sure to check here to see what others around the world have done for M.

4 comments:

Su-sieee! Mac said...

I'd love to visit Montreal one day.

Ann said...

Would love to visit everything I hear it's a great city.
Ann

ABC-Wednesday said...

Seems like a wonderful city...Never been there so far




Have a ♥-warming ABC-Wesnes-day / -week
♫ M e l ☺ d y ♫ (abc-w-team)
http://melodymusic.nl/21-m/

Powell River Books said...

I have been to Montreal twice, both on the same vacation. We flew there, rented an SUV and camped across to Newfoundland and back. Unfortunately, the only thing I remember of the city is traffic on the freeway going to and from the airport. - Margy